In keeping with our emphasis on personal excellence, ECA is accredited by:
- AdvancED (Formely SACS)
- The Alabama Independent School Association (AISA)
- The Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
- National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
ECA has also been named a “Blue Ribbon School” by the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA). Only a small percentage of the over 60 AISA schools received this recognition. To explain the award, the criteria are as follows:
- Accredited with no deficiencies noted or outstanding.
- All professional staff meets or exceeds the SACS/AISA professional criteria.
- SAT performance meets and/or exceeds the AISA complete battery average (60%) in grades 2, 4, 6, and 8; and/or AISA complete battery overall average is higher than the school’s national ability overall average score.
- Extra-curricular opportunities in all of the following areas:
- Academic competition
- Athletic competition
- Arts competition
- Clubs and organizations
- Community Service
- Excellent physical appearance of school (buildings and grounds).
- On-going process of school improvement. A school improvement plan is required.
- A school-wide technology plan must be developed and implemented -- Internet access to faculty and students; all students with Alabama Virtual Library cards; designated (not shared) school web-site; media center with Internet access; a computer curriculum for all grades (K5-12), this may be included in the technology plan; and an adequate number of computers for school student population.
AISA Blue Ribbon School
The Alabama Independent School Association (AISA) has presented Evangel Christian Academy with the designation of an AISA Blue Ribbon School for the 2014-2015 school year. According to AISA a Blue Ribbon school exemplifies excellence in teaching, student performance, school life, and school and community interaction. A Blue Ribbon award winner is an excellent school involved in an on-going process of school improvement.
AISA's Mission is to server independent schools in the state of Alabama by providing its member schools with educational
and corporate services and programs focusing on excellence in academics, accreditation, and athletics. Member schools have
voluntarily joined the AISA and follow the guidelines and standards in order to provide a quality school program.
More about The Alabama Independent School Association (AISA)